Polar FS1 Heart Rate Monitor Review
Polar as a brand does not need any introduction, and they have made their mark in the field of fitness for their innovative equipments. This time again Polar FS1 is a unique heart rate monitor introduced by the company and this device makes sure that your heart works adequately during a fitness regime and also monitors your workout session.
For all the people who are trying to lose weight then Polar FS1 is the ideal choice. It not only provides heart rate reading and you can also set your workout zones. It consists of a very simple single button operational clock with large digits which can be read clearly.
Polar FS1 is the perfect gadget to monitor heart rate. It does not come with any added frills or fancy buttons. It’s just big enough to fit properly on your wrist and it will display your heart rate whenever you exert. It also gives out an alarm if you exceed heart rate zone and thus prevent any accidents caused due to over exertion. It is also a stop watch and obviously does show time. This wireless gadget is competitively priced at around $50 and is an ideal buy if you want to monitor your weight loss or to check your fitness levels.
This wireless HRM gadget comes with a comfortable chest belt and gives out an alarm when you reach your workout zone so that you don’t exceed that zone during workout.
Fitness Tips – how to use a basic heart rate monitor:
- Polar FS1 tracks heart rate, and exercise time simultaneously.
- It also maintains average heart rate. It also works as a stopwatch, and a clock.
- The digits on the display monitor are large and can be read easily.
- The gadget gives out visual and audible alarms on exceeding heart rate limit, and at the same time its water resistant up to 50 meters and this increase its wear ability.
- One important disadvantage is that it’s too basic. Its counter parts with web link facility, wireless receiver and GPS system sometimes make it look like an obsolete gadget of the 90’ era.
- One side effect is that its battery life is only two years on a daily use of one hour. Besides its battery can only be changed at the authorised centre and not anywhere else.
- Another important side effect is that it does not contain shield polar technology and in absence of that it can catch signals from other monitor. For instance in a team sport like rowing it can catch the signal from other monitors.
But overall Polar FS1 has been a success as it’s a basic heart rate monitor machine and is suitable for people who are looking at weight loss and general fitness. It is priced appropriately and this makes it a must buy for all the fitness freaks. It is an entry level model and thus does not provide weekly summary of your work out sessions like higher end gadgets. It is basic and unique in its own little way.