For years now, the Polar company has been leading the way in producing the finest heart rate monitors for athletes. With the introduction of their Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor, they may have finally outdone themselves. We’ve seen lots of the best heart rate monitors, but few of them can go toe-to-toe with this high performance sports watch. From precision fitness metric tracking to one of the brightest, clearest screens around, the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor is a hard act to follow.
Versatility seems to have been on the top of the list for the folks who designed the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor. Unlike other heart rate monitors that might work okay for jogging or running sports, the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor is truly designed to help you reach all your sports and fitness goals. There’s an easy mode switch function that actually lets you switch between different types of exercises to capture the most relevant fitness related data avaialble.
Polar Rcx5 Features & Specs
- Features ZoneOptimizer mode that coaches you to train at the proper intensity levels.
- Has endurance training programs to improve cardiovascular conditioning.
- You can even download additional functions to this sports watch.
- Uses sport profiles, so you can switch between different types of activities.
- Comes with an easy to use hybrid transmitter so you can track your heart rate while swimming.
- The Race Pace feature coaches you for those big competitions.
- Sleek design and black coloring make for an attractive sports accessory.
- Easy to assign lap settings so you can track your improvements on a particular circuit.
Who Uses The Polar Rcx5 Heart Rate Monitor?
As we said in the introduction of this heart rate monitor review, the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor is a very high end HRM. As such, it may be out of the affordability range for some folks. But if you are serious about getting into better shape, or performing at your best at an upcoming competition – and can justify the higher price – this is a heart rate monitor that will help you to stay on track and meet all of your goals. It really does have the ability to help with just about any type of exercise regimen, and its larger, brighter screen is simply superior to other HRM models on the market today. Don’t get the idea that this heart rate monitor is over-priced, though, because it’s not. From the construction of this monitor to the intuitive functions, it’s easy to see that this model is easily worth more than most other heart rate monitors that are currently being sold.
Ready For The Race?
One thing that really sets the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor apart from those other heart rate monitors is the Race Pace feature. Even if you’re not going to compete any times soon, this feature helps you to stay focused, on track and excited about all of your workouts. It’s like having a coach that you can take with you anywhere, to keep you on track and ready for the challenge of your next workout. And if you do plan on competing in a race, this feature is one that you’re sure to appreciate, as it’s designed to help you to reach a level of true peak performance.
The only shortcoming of the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor is not really a shortcoming at all – it’s the price. And that’s only because there will be some folks that will think that there’s no way a heart rate monitor could be worth as much as this particular model. But, as we’ve said, there is so much fitness technology built into this comfortable, attractive heart rate monitor that it simply outshines the competition. Sometimes you do actually get what you pay for, and that’s certainly true of the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor.
If you prefer to use top-of-the-line workout gear and accessories, and are looking to perform at your very best, the Polar RCX5 Heart Rate Monitor is the ideal heart rate monitor. It’s easy to use, durable and perhaps the most versatile HRM that we’ve ever seen.
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Polar FT1 Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Polar H7 Heart Rate Sensor Review
- Polar FT40F Women Heart Monitor Review
- Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Polar RS300X Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor Review
- Polar RC3 GPS Watch with HRM Review
- Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor Watch Review